That said, I love hearing how others are living their faith into the world they live in. Here is a short list which I hope you will add to.
- One friend started a golf league in his neighborhood that often involves over a dozen people meeting together regularly around… golf… and life.
- 50 years ago a couple began inviting friends to a neutral setting to share and discuss the Gospel. This has led to a network of churches throughout that region. Read more here.
- Many people form missional communities that collectively own the well-being of a specific neighborhood or community. Good article here.
- Prayerwalking and engaging new neighborhoods by seeking persons of peace is a core biblical, lifestyle strategy. I love this video, and I also enjoy what these guys at Newforms Resources are doing.
- Seeing Jesus at work in everyday life is at the heart of living as salt and light. I have blogged before regarding Greg Finke’s book (and there are many other great resources).
The ‘church’ is meant to be a going, 24/7, unleashed expression of Jesus. Therefore this small list is only scratching the surface of what the people of God are meant to look like as we live our faith into the world.